Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Ven. Maria Celesta Crostarosa


A reader of my Blog and AWCB has asked me who the lady shown above is and why I have her picture on my side bar. 
 Its one of those little things that happen ,and seems to us with faith to be meant to happen for a reason, I like old books and always try and browse in junk shops, charity shops etc and I came upon a slim volume in a box of books for sale as no longer required in the resources room of St Josephs RC Cathedral Swansea while my daughter was at a meeting for her Youth Helpers at Lourdes Group.
The book has a big red cross on the front and says "In Memory of Me" in big bold blue letters.
inside it says Maria Celeste Crostarosa and The Redemptoristines. Now I am fascinated by religious life and I have done research while writing a pamphlet on St Robert of Newminster for my former Parish and they were new to me, the booklet bears an Imprimatur dated Nov 1948 and appears to be a first edition on typical post WWII austerity paper.Mother Maria Celeste Crostarosa lived a hard life of devotion and adoration tossed about by the misguided attempts of others to put her on what they considered the right path but with Christ and His hidden life as her model she was ultimately successful in founding the order for cloistered sisters and guiding St Alphonsus Liguori in founding the Redemptorist Order for men. She suffered greatly as Christ Himself told her she would if she chose to follow Him but that very suffering was her work, to follow Christ and imitate Him.
She has yet to be recognised as a saint and there are not many Redemptoristine Houses but her story is dear to my heart and I would have loved to have been one of her nuns.






in fact I think its time I read the book again its been a few years since i reade it all through.

redemptoristine nuns australia


Ven. Maria Celesta Crostarosa
Ora Pro Nobis.

How about having her as a patron for AWCB ??

Comments

  1. Certainly worth thinking about..

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a fantastic article on Moral Relativism on the Redemptorist Spirituality website here:
    http://www.redemptoristspirituality.net/eng2/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=611:moral-relativism-a-contemporary-religious-life&catid=61:redemeptorist-spirituality-articles&Itemid=185
    Autumn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Autumn its a bit heavy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting sepia photographs.

    Do you by any chance know what the picture member "Priests Housekeeper" uses as an avatar on her comments is?
    There is an email on her profile but I do not like to use it as it looks like a general one.
    I think you are the blog contact.

    The layout of the blog is peaceful and inviting.
    Please do not be tempted to fill that space to the right. The simplicity draws attention to the pink and grey colours of the remarkable picture and pink is perfect for the lettering!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary