One of the greatest novels I have read



I discovered Lucy Beckett just over a year ago when I was taking a rest in North Yorkshire. She is a wonderful writer and has a great knowledge of many things including history, philosophy, music and theology. This is a novel about pre-war (WW11) Germany. It is also about faith, conversion and love. As far as I am concerned the prose is faultless (and I read a lot!). I am personally fascinated by pre and post war Germany and how things have developed there after the last World War. But anyone who wants a good read about conversion should try this novel. It is so good I place it on a par with Brideshead Revisited.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this post Fr John..wonderful..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary