The Sacred Heart - Sr Josefa Menendez


From "The Way of Divine Love":

That men may be attracted (and herein lie the novelty and force Of the Message) � the Sacred Heart manifests through her His infinite mercy. He loves them every one, just as they are, even the most despicable, even the greatest sinners, one can almost say, especially the most miserable and sinful. He does not ask for their good qualities or virtues, but only for their wretchedness and sins. Far from being an obstacle, their very faults are thus an encouragement to draw near Him.

" I am God, but a God of love! I am a Father, but a Father full of compassion and never harsh. My Heart is infinitely wise, and knowing human frailty and infirmity stoops to poor sinners with infinite mercy.
" I love those who after a first fall come to Me for pardon....I love them still more when they beg pardon for their second sin, and should this happen again, I do not say a million times but a million million times, I still love them and pardon them, and I will wash in My Blood their last as fully as their first sin.

" Never shall I weary of repentant sinners, nor cease for hoping for their return, and the greater their distress, the greater My welcome. Does not a father love a sick child with special affection? Are not His care and solicitude greater? So is the special compassion of My heart more abundant for sinners than for the just.

" This is what I wish all to know. I will teach sinners that the mercy of my heart is inexhaustible..."

(With ecclesiastical approval)

Comments

  1. This book was instrumental in my sister considering religious life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective