Trusting God's Silence

But he did not say a word in answer to her. – Matthew 15:23
Silence.
I sometimes get the same answer from Jesus when I pray.
No answer. No response. Nothing.
Just silence.
I have always heard that God answers prayers in one of three ways - Yes, No and Maybe.
Maybe? Is that what silence means?
Or is God just trying to get my attention?
The longer God is silent, the more choices I seem to have in how I respond. I can give up. I can surrender. I can persist. I can fall to my knees and beg.
I can fall to my knees with my face in the dirt and I can beg for crumbs.
Or I can be open to the possibility that God is calling me to a deeper level of faith.
I do not believe that God ever ignores us. God may be silent. He may give me an answer I do not like. But He loves me and He knows my heart. And He knows what I need … even when I don’t know.
So sometimes we will persist and question and beg for crumbs if we feel we must. But may we always believe and know in our hearts - God hears our every word and feels our every heart beat.
Dear Lord, help me to grow in faith and trust in you. Help me to accept your answers to my prayers. Help me to trust your silence. Amen.
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective