'Yes, GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME . . . ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD'


The title of this post is a text message I received from a friend whose daughter and grandchildren survived Typhoon Sendong that hit northern Mindanao a week before Christmas. I use it in Pulong ng Editor, 'Editor's Word', in the January-February issue ofMisyon, which I edit for the Columbans here in the Philippines.

My friend is no stranger to suffering. When he was a small child his father was murdered. Yet he powerfully expresses his faith in a simple text message, an expression of the resilience of the faith of so many Filipinos.

Comments

  1. I'm amazed by their faith & resilience.. They seem to escape the curse of self pity & depression...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some who don't but the culture, based on faith, I believe, is truly a resilient one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary