All I Want is You


You know, when the Lord decides to take some things away from you, you expect to be miserable. And everyone around you, expects you to be miserable. "How can you do without such-n-such? You must be miserable." He is smarter than we are, though. He knows that all we really want is Him.

But we don't know that sometimes. Sometimes we say silly things to ourselves like "No, all I really want, is chocolate." or "No, all I really want is a beach house in Tahiti." or "No, all I really want is to be a hermit." or "No, all I really want is a big screen T.V.". Take it all away though, and suddenly, there's clarity like you've never had. Your soul breathes a deep sigh, looks up and finally says, "Oh!! All I really want, is you Lord!"

Comments

  1. Oh what a lovely and timely post! Thank you - I was feeling that everything I ever "valued" had been lost recently: not merely material things but people who've passed and friendships that have slided... But how right you are: I still have my faith in God and the surety that He loves me and has a plan for my life. And that is priceless! It's as though you just read my mind, or indeed my soul! God bless xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective