Hello! (My little intro--as requested)

May I first confess, though, that this really doesn't come that easily (naturally) for me, since I tend to lean more towards being an introvert, but here ei am (warning: please pardon my silliness at times)!

ei am filled with gratitude daily for my husband (my college sweetheart) and for our 2 children (now teens)...
ei am a dog-lover (greyhound-racetrack rescue) & cat-lover (barn rescue); and, like Melanie, an old-house-lover [though my house is only 110 years old:] ...
ei am a music-lover, moved deeply by songs that mean something (especially to worship Him): and also think singing (or even dancing!) to music while doing the dishes is a must...
ei am a registered dietitian, which means I have a degree in nutrition (BS); plus had to complete an internship & pass national exam; with ongoing credits required.  My work experience has involved acute care at a major medical center (to assess patients on various units, including cardiac & cancer); plus at a rehab/long-term-care facility.  In recent years, though, I’ve chosen to focus on private (in-home) consultations only, with primary focus on weight management; passionate about a mind-body-spirit approach to health & wellness...
ei am revived! [thanks be to God!] …following a long, slow drift under, in danger of slipping into a catholic “coma” in the years following my Catholic education (grades 1-12), when no longer being "fed" the faith automatically once on my own.  Amnesia & confusion had set in, till a sudden resuscitation--by grace--took place upon the moment of Pope John Paul II’s death… Oh, my, I AM CATHOLIC!!  Every cell within me awakened—and I knew! Lord, forgive me...
ei am a procrastinator… after-all, this is Melanie’s 2nd “notice” for introduction (a few days ago, mind you!)… and is also the reason why my husband took over all major bill payments soon after our wedding. :)
ei am stirred—and, unfortunately, was shaken--by a wave of problems that struck me in 2010-2011; though now, after 3 years, I can say fortunately [did I really just say that?!] because it ultimately revealed something in need of great repair -- a major crack in my own foundation that had formed all those years ago.  It was my lack of trust in God... Yikes!  But He's been so sweet about it -- helping me to rebuild, and even supplying me with hope! 
ei am very new to the world of blogging, with much to learn; and especially appreciative of Melanie’s encouragement from my very first day, always willing to answer my many (many!) questions—and to do so with kindness.  Blog name is "The Way to Nourish for Life"...
ei am called "ei" for short, which was really just by friends in the past while growing up, but am finding it fitting once again since it seems to remind me of my extreme littleness, plus apparently I'm still growing! [and I really just wanted to be a little silly within my "intro" :]...
ei am eileen, a child of God—like you!  Happy to be here.  Thank you & God bless.

Comments

  1. Hi Eileen! I loved reading your introduction :)
    (Oh, and I am a procrastinator too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary--and so glad to hear you can relate! :)

      Delete
  2. Procrastination is good. I never leave until tomorrow what I can do the day after that. I really love hard work. I could sit there and watch other people do it all day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you made me smile again, sir--thank you!
      [I'm looking forward to checking out your books very soon:].

      Delete
    2. Keep smiling ... ...

      My latest book about my Aunt Gertrude from Australia is due soon - possibly Monday. You can get your copy FREE from my Blog then. Now that's enough to make anyone smile, especially my Aunt Gertrude.

      God bless.

      Delete
    3. I suspect an aunt from Australia might very well be a bit sassy -- Another positive (besides the sense of humor) in my "book! ...and, for now, I got it -- no pin-strip suit when I go to the beach! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective