Bus Writer

I was born to daydream.  Born to gaze out windows in the classroom, and in curtained parlors, and oh.. most especially on the bus.

Being a student in a "downtown" Catholic grade school, I rode the city bus back and forth every schoolday.  I rode it a lot on weekends too, in those days before two-car families were the norm.  Daddy took the car to work, Mother stayed home and ironed while soup simmered on the stove, and girls rode buses to friends' homes on the weekends.  


My favorite time of all, however, was the bus ride to or from school, packed in with businessmen heading to work with briefcases in tow.

Sitting by bus windows, I learned to love writing.  Not that I ever wrote a word.  But now, looking back, I know that my love of writing was born there.  On some unmarked, unremembered day, as I sat by a rolling window most likely streaked with rain....... (continue)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary