Received into Full Communion


It's official. I'm Catholic!
I have been trying all day to come up with the words to describe Saturday night's Easter Vigil Mass. I'm falling short. Of course, it was beautiful. It was amazing. It was wonderful. It was awesome. I can think of many other overly-used words that describe the service, and all are true as these words are all true. But none of them are sufficient. My experience at the Mass Saturday night was indescribable. Truly, I do not think I can put into words what it is like to be baptized, then confirmed, then receive first communion all in one night.
But you know I'm going to try anyway, so here goes.
I laughed. I cried. I got drenched. I got oiled. Twice. It was incredible. Joyous. Emotionally wonderful and exhausting.

DSC_0125

Read the rest HERE.

Comments

  1. Best wishes. Congratulations. And welcome.

    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope everyone here goes over to your blog to read the full post... it is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I read your whole conversion story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as someone who converted 40 years ago at the age of 19, I still remember the thrill, no the ecstasy of receiving communion for the first time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective