7 Quick Takes This week:: The Challenge of Clinical Depression

 Every week has it’s ups and downs.  I’m fighting an ongoing battle with depression.  I have to remember there are good days and bad days whether you have this illness or not.  I have to acknowledge that depression is a mental illness.  To have your mind be infected with such a disease is not something about which anyone should be embarrassed.  Depression, like all illnesses, is real.  It is something I feel in my body and in my mind.  My body hurts, at times, because of this illness.  My mind suffers from the sorrow.  I’ve controlled this disease for 3 years, now, there has been a flare up.  As with any illness,  is time to explore more treatment options.  I need strategies to cope with my days.  I have to hold my head high when people shake their heads and say, “Get over it.  It’s all in your head.”  Yes, it IS in my head.  Everything begins in the brain.  Right now, my brain is sick.  Like any other organ is not functioning properly, I need treatment.  I am finally treating this disease with both homeopathic and pharmaceutical remedies.  I am also treating this disease with therapy. I am beginning to feel better.  God is good.

“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted,
    and saves the crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34: 18


Read the rest at:: His Unending Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary