Touring Chicago's beautiful churches: St. Mary of the Angels

Our next stop in touring Chicago's beautiful churches is St. Mary of the Angels.  My husband and I had never been here before.  We have passed it many times and saw it from the Kennedy expressway, so we were excited to attend their Saturday, 5 PM Mass.

St. Mary of the Angels is another church that was near the wrecking ball.  The famous dome was literally crumbling and leaking.  After years of struggling to raise the money for the needed repairs, there was a happy ending to that story.


You can read the rest at Being Catholic ... Really.

Comments

  1. If I ever get the chance to be in Chicago for a few days, I'll take a pilgrimage to all these churches. This one is so beautiful! I love the angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful....breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary