But LORD I Homeschooled Him!

Well, school has begun.  After months of researching, planning, charts, lists, and book shopping--we are here in our school, which looks an awful lot like our kitchen.  While others are posting about first day victory dances at the bus stops, champagne toasts, and kid-free afternoon celebrations; us homeschoolers are breathing deep, girting our loins and plowing ahead.  Parenthood is life's toughest job, homeschooling takes it to an enitrely different level. ... But what do we do when our efforts don't pan out as we planned, or worse our children don't grow to be men and women grounded in faith and love set to rock the Catholic world?



I am continually reading about homeschooling philosophy, curriculum, and teaching methods.  I seek out articles, blog, books, and magalogs to fill my head with all that is good and encourage me for the long journey ahead. ... The title of one lingers in my memory and gives me hope on the worst of homeschool days--"But LORD I Homeschooled Him"  I don't remember which book this article was in, only that it was the last section of the book. 

Read more at Veils and Vocations

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary