Big Horn Sheep
Let Jesus be Your Shepherd.
This Sunday's Responsorial Psalm has long been one of my favorite Bible readings, especially in times of crisis. If you know a family in crisis or if it is your family that is, unbelievably, falling apart while you watch powerlessly, I hope you find Psalm 23 comforting and strengthening as I have.

Responsorial Psalm PS 23:1-3A, 3B-4, 5, 6

R/ (6cd) I shall live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. In verdant pastures he gives me repose; beside restful waters he leads me; he refreshes my soul.
Right away, this Psalm takes away our arguments. The marriage, the family, the car, the health insurance, the dreams of the house with the white picket fence…all are gone, and yet, the Lord tells us to not want. This verse reminds me of the Parable of the Prodigal Son. When the Good Son asked his father why he hadn't received the good the sinful brother had, the father replied, "all that I have is already yours."

All that God has he gives to us: plans for your welfare, not your woe! plans to give you a future full of Hope (Jer 29:11), forgiveness for which we are not worthy, the Love we seek from human sources now comes undyingly from the Divine; through Him we receive Peace and Freedom and Strength.

What more could we ask for that God does not give us when we turn to Him?

To continue reading, please go to Single Mom Smiling.

Thank you and 

God Bless...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective