Power in Weakness

Picture 060 There's always some wiseacre on the interview panel who suddenly says, "And what do you think your biggest weaknesses are Mr. Torkington?" He usually chooses the moment when your confidence is at its height and you've been presenting yourself as Mr. Total Competence, who could do the job in his sleep.

Suddenly you've got to back pedal warily, losing as little composure as possible, while showing that even you are human after all with faults and failings like the rest of human kind. A skilful operator can usually turn the situation to their advantage by humbly admitting to faults that just happen to make them an even more desirable candidate. You know the sort of thing I mean...."I'm afraid I've got a punctuality problem I simply can't be late for an appointment", or "I do tend to neglect my family sometimes, because I can't bring myself to leave the office until I've cleared my desk."  read on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective