Teaching Vocations: Holy Sisters Dolls

Remember Little Man's sweet Godsister? Cowgirl and I finally got to make her very belated birthday gift. Since she asks almost every Sunday  for us to pray for the nuns at our local convent, I though she would appreciate some little nun dolls. These dolls are based on Jennifer's peg doll statues on Catholic Inspired.  This is a project I have wanted to do for quite some time, Godsister's 4th birthday was the final push I needed to get it done.

We started with mini peg dolls from Hobby Lobby. They were only $3.50 for a large package of 36.  We also picked up a few pieces of felt in brown, black, white, and tan. I wish I had gotten blue and gray as well. We found some blue fabric and ribbon in the scrap bag but felt really works better.

I then looked up the habits for the orders we chose to make. I found a lot of ideas on the listing for these nun paper dolls. Unfortunately, they are out of print, but you can find them on this Picassa album. I just wish I could figure out how to print them out.  Some of orders we picked have a special meaning for Godsister and/or Little Man, others were habits we enjoyed. It was nice to be able to personalize them for her.

Read more at Veils and Vocations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective