Body, Mind, and Soul

Often, when I don't even realize that I am looking for something, it finds me.
Over the past several years I have transitioned from the high-energy, exhaustive workouts that I mistakenly thought were good for me into slower, more contemplative, gentler forms of exercise that  for the most part leave me feeling better,  or at least a little less in the mindset of beating my body into something other than what it already is.
As my exercise patterns have changed, so too has my spiritual life. Slowly, I am coming to the realization that the body that I have is the one that was created just for me. While there are some days that I am totally resistant to that understanding and wake up with a plan to start beating myself up again, for the most part I have started to accept that truly taking care of myself and being healthy fully extends itself into all other aspects of my life.  I worry less about making myself in to someone that I am not and concentrate on becoming the best me that I can possibly be.
Recently, I came across an advertisement for a new type of workout, and the words jumped off the page:  SOULCORE--"a  contemporary core workout...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective