Dear God, You Know It's March, Right?

house hidden by snow
Does God know it's March and Spring should be here soon?

It's March 1st and another snowstorm is sweeping across the eastern United States. It's cold and snowy and bitter outside, and if I could have reached through my dashboard to the Christian DJ who predicted "gusty breezes in the week ahead," I might have shaken him pretty good.

"Gusty breezes???" Who is he kidding. The euphemism isn't fooling any of us this far into the season.
And euphemisms weren't the only thing from some long past English class that floated through my head this morning.

It's March 1st, and I'm also reciting the cliche, March comes in like a lion, but goes out like a lamb, as if saying it will make it come true, but while I'm saying it, I'm really thinking, "blah blah blah," as I wonder yet again how many more days I'll have to turn up the heat in the morning and how many more times we'd wait to hear whether school will be delayed - AGAIN!

And I can't help but look up and say,
"Dear God, you know it's March, right?"
"Dear Jesus, there will be warmer days ahead, right?"
And as the dreary gray skies and bitter cold winds rattle our bones, I can't help but wonder what God is thinking up there!
And I'm not alone!

Please join me for the rest on Single Mom Smiling  God Bless...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective