Why I Don't Like the Word Brat, But I'll Still Tell You to Read a Book That Uses It

Brat- noun

1. a child, especially an annoying, spoiled, or impolite child (usually used in contempt or irritation)
I was able to do some reading on our recent trip to Texas, and I woke up with a headache early in the morning one day, and read this book, pictured, cover-to-cover. It’s short and very readable. In fact, over all, I really liked the book, It Doesn’t Have to Be This Way, by Ginny Seuffert, published by Seton Press. This is the first book by Seton Press that I have read.

In the end, I was very glad I read this book. It helped some friends of mine to get their kids on track about an eating schedule, so that they’re no longer eating out of boredom, or always begging for snacks.  It also gave me clarity about confident, consistent parenting, such as ideas for bedtimes, and wisdom for frugal parenting (especially in their later, teenage years). These and other things were very helpful to hear discussed from a Catholic perspective.

Hearing encouragement about taking kids to Mass was also very helpful and on-par. She discusses ways to keep them in the pew for prayers, even after Mass, and how to get them familiar with the  responses in Mass. 

Read the rest at {Picture a Skyline}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective