In Quietness and in Trust

For thus said the Lord God,the Holy One of Israel,
“In returning and rest you shall be saved;in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.”
A message from the Lord, right on time, as usual for Him.

I don’t remember now what prompted the memory of the phrase “in quietness and in trust”, but it was there, and I was compelled to find the reference.  I ended up reading all of Isaiah chapter 30.
Not five minutes later, I received a text with information that accelerated my pulse, and threatened my peace of mind.  And doesn’t the devil know just where to hit?  I had to take a deep breath, and talk myself down by reminding myself that my strength is found in quietness and trust, and my salvation is found in returning to the Lord, and resting in Him.


Read the rest of this post at New Things

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective