Two Christian Catch Phrases I Wish We'd Stop Saying


I’m going to begin with a disclaimer. I believe faith is very important, and so is sacrifice, or “offering things up”. That being said, I wish we, as Christians, wouldn’t make “Have faith. It’ll be OK.” And “Offer it up” our go-to phrases when people we know (or don’t know) confide in us about their struggles. Not because I don’t believe, theologically, in the value of faith and sacrifice in such situations, but because I don’t think these two exhortations are the best pastoral approach to take.
(Note: If the person themselves brings up wanting to talk about faith or sacrifice and how it can help them, it’s a different story.)

Comments

  1. I so agree with u and have often felt the same way wondering if something was wrong with me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts so honestly. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary