Welcome Anna Eastland to ACWB

I'm a red-headed writer with a big family, just like my childhood heroine Anne of Green Gables. I love writing, poetry, laughing with friends, and sharing the adventure of parenting with fellow moms. I was born in Alberta but grew up all over BC with my three brothers, so I've always been a bit of a tomboy, and like climbing trees better than going to the mall. 

I have always wanted to help people understand each other better through writing, and love how writing can help people all over the world connect on a far deeper level than I would have imagined before I began blogging.

 I have boxes of old stories from childhood and journals and poetry from my teenage years, but they had generally remained classified 'top-secret' due to shyness. Motherhood really helped me overcome that and become more willing to take risks and be myself.

 Now I blog, write articles for the paper, give talks to fellow moms, and have a newly published anthology with 4 other moms, including Melanie Jean Juneau who is the administrator for ACWB.  A book of my poetry is also in the works. 

I've been blessed with 4 chatty girls and a charming (when not hungry...there are moments) little boy, as well as a sweet baby girl in Heaven. They give me lots to write about, and help me put my English and Classics degree to good use in homeschooling them.
Anna Eastland Just East Of Crazy Land | Adventures in Parenting

Comments

  1. Welcome Anna Eastland! I love Anne (with an E!) of Green Gables too and actually visited her "home" when I was a child! God Bless You and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Happy to be in the company of fellow Anne lovers!
      Cheers,
      Anna

      Delete
  2. Welcome to ACWB. We look forward to your articles here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I'm very excited to have a new audience to write for! 😀

      Delete
  3. Welcome, Anna! I love your blog (can I nominate it for Best Blog Title Ever?!), and your poetry is particularly grabbing my heart. Thanks for being here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you, Nancy! My good friend Michelle came up with the blog title as it describes my home very well! 😉
      I'm so glad the poetry is touching you—I find it such a helpful way to communicate what's deepest in my heart.
      Really happy to be part of this great online community.
      Anna

      Delete
  4. Greetings, and welcome to ACWB. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective