Seeking A Spiritual Director

Faith is awareness of God as a personal God, with our personal response to the love in which we have come to believe. It is a personal encounter, a contact with the divine Persons into which we are taken by the grace of God.  
from A Heart to Know Thee by Fr. E. J. Cuskelly
In 2007, I was blessed to learn about Spiritual Directors.  Someone who could guide my prayer and budding relationship with Christ.  Shortly after the discovery that such a wonderful thing existed, my prayers were answered when Fr. Dang was assigned to me after I called the local retreat house inquiring about the availability of directors.  Fr. Dang was from Vietnam, very soft spoken with a thick accent.  Every week I would have to really strain to hear and understand him, which I am fairly convinced was part of God's plans to teach me to be quiet and pay attention! It was a wonderful first experience with a Spiritual Director - we alternated between getting to the root of the issues that kept me from loving and trusting God more fully, to teaching me different prayer practices, and because he was a Priest, some visits I was able to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation.   Fr. Dang and I met every other week for about a year, until he was transferred by his order to Texas.

I then tried another one of the directors, and another and another ...  CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
All rights reserved 2015, Allison Gingras
cover photo: Pixabay, PD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary