The Moral Theology of St. Maria Goretti

The major relics of St. Maria Goretti, are currently touring the USA as part of a Pilgrimage of Mercy in preparation for the Jubilee Year of Mercy. St. Maria Goretti is one of the youngest saints the church has ever canonized. I count this young girl among my closest heavenly friends - she is my "go-to" intercessor and her short earthly life is an unending source of inspiration to me. While taking on a Moral Theology course, I have also come to discover that this eleven year old, illiterate, Italian peasant girl - martyr is also an astute moral theologian. 
Read more here....

Comments

  1. Debbie, how wonderful you mentioned this. My parish was given the huge honor of being one of the parishes selected to host St. Maria Goretti's relics. My parish, St. Rita's on Staten Island, was the one of two parishes in the NYC diocese to host them, the other being St. Patrick's Cathedral. It really was an honor. Our day was last week and I posted some pictures on my blog of it. Perhaps your readers will be interested. Here:
    http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/2015/10/faith-filled-friday-relics-of-st-maria.html

    I'll post this on your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective