Praying for the Holy Souls


During the week of November 1 -8th, I will spend my time fulfilling the requirements for a Plenary Indulgence for The Holy Souls in Purgatory.   We have a whole cloud of witnesses just waiting to not only see the face of God but also to become INCREDIBLE intercessors for us still on our earthly journeys!!  Our prayers for them are a gift from God, when used, becomes OUR GIFT back to Him!!! 

I had the blessing of visiting the Congregation of Holy Cross cemetery on the campus of Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. This is ONE of my absolutely favorite places to pray - it is beautiful, peaceful and to me, a sacred place of Pilgrimage.  Those remembered here include Father Francis Grogan, who died on Flight #175, September 11th, and among those buried here, is the man known as the Rosary Priest, Father Patrick Peyton. The other men, all members of Congregation of Holy Cross, though maybe not as familiar as the Frs. Grogan and Peyton, are no less important.  All the souls of the faithfully departed are of great concern to God and therefore should also be to us.

When I come to this cemetery, or any cemetery for that matter, I have a very special prayer I offer for those Holy Souls buried (or remembered) there.  This devotion to the pray for those who have passed on before me has been a great source of blessings and grace, one I consider a great privilege to participate in.
This prayer, which is actually a set of prayers, is the one presented in The Pieta Prayer Book and is truly one of my absolute favorites.   Praying this set of prayers in the cemetery any time of the year - brings me such peace.  While you can offer any prayers, these are the Pieta suggested ones: 
Read More

All Rights Reserved text and image 2015, Allison Gingras

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary