Mercy is Falling - The Maria Goretti Story

She was the youngest saint, having died in 1902, at only 11 years old. What was it that such a young saint accomplished in such a short lifetime, worthy of elevating her among the saints, forever known to us as “The little saint of great mercy”? How could her transformative prayers for the sinful heart of her murderer, bring him also to great holiness, even after her death? And how did Maria’s example of mercy save the souls of both her murderer and her mother, as well as many who have sought her holy intercession?
I was one of those sinners who needed Maria’s intercession to be truly saved. During my High School years, I had fallen into such darkness, that I could have been lost to God forever. As I began to seek the face of the Lord through RCIA, I prayed for a saint to find me. A saint to mentor me along the great journey and guide me out of this darkness. A saint who could help me in the areas of virtue that I struggled most severely. For this I prayed.
Continue Reading at The Lion of Design

Comments

  1. Thank you very much for this very interesting and incredibly moving and inspiring post! I look forward to reading more of your posts, Kimberly.

    Warmly,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary