The Truth About Charlottesville

I sent out a couple of tweets about what happened in #Charlottesville, but when I did, I realized that my thoughts on bigotry just kept coming. I then read this positive piece about the events in C-ville and our approach as citizens working toward a civilization of love (a la Pope John Paul II) .. And, my ideas just kept swirling, until I discovered that I had to write a post about my thoughts!

I read some Nietchze in college, whose atheist ideas were impactful on Hitler.  It is shocking to learn that people like David Duke still live and breathe and walk around among us today, in 2017. I thought we all read the right books- Number the StarsNight by Elie Weisel, and of course The Diary of Anne Frank. I thought we all visited the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. (!!!) This empty philosophy comes straight from the Devil, and it props itself up on atheism at its very core. But the truth is, white supremacy is somehow still alive and kicking, as we learned last weekend. #=

Huh?!

How do we respond to this as the Church? What should we say? What should we do?



The truth in this case, since it's my turn, is this:

1. Discrimination is inside all of us.

ex. in humility: Almost everyday someone tells me that I don't look old enough to have six kids. Just last week, a woman on the elevator at the mall asked if they were my kids, or if I was just babysitting. 

read the rest at Tacy WilliAms Beck

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective