Lent Challenge: Becoming Healthier Physically and Spiritually! (Day 1)


As you all know Wednesday was Ash Wednesday. And here is my public proclamation of faith!

So we all know the topic to follow is of course Lent! This year for Lent I have chosen to give up soda (because I do not need it). I also chose to take on becoming more spiritually and physically healthy.
I want my changes to stick after 40 days and I know that I can not do it alone. At first I wanted to join a fitness program. It seemed amazing the girl who ran it seemed awesome but hubby said no. Mainly because I always start the gym  and don’t finish it. So he said that if I could do the workouts on my pintrest board that cost nothing that I always say I am going to do, we  could revisit the conversation.
So for getting myself physically healthy I am going to work out for 30 mins a day six days a week. I will admit that some things will have to be modified for me because of my fibro, but that will be mentioned as it becomes relevant. All of the work outs I use in the challenge will be available here on My Lent Workout Challenge Pintrest Board 


ay 1:


Since it was my first day back and I was too lazy to break up my work out into two sets of 15 min. I ended up doing a full 30 min work out. I have to say that all of these were very Fibro friendly and low impact. I hope that in a few weeks this wont take 30 mins!!!!

Now on to getting Spiritually Healthy. Since I am trying to keep focus I on staying healthy. I wanted to use something I could incorporate both aspect of my goal for the Lenten season. I found this on my Pintrest Board and is available for you guys too:
While I will not post my answers I will post the scripture I have found to help me with these questions.
Day 1
Who am I?
Verses:
2 Corinthians 2:10 “But anyone whom you have forgiven of anything, I also forgive. And then, too, anyone I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, it was done in the person of Christ for your sakes”
Romans 8:1 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who are not walking according to the flesh.”
Ephesians 2:10 “For we are his handiwork, created in Christ Jesus for the good works which God has prepared and in which we should walk.”
1 John 4:4 “Little sons, you are of God, and so you have overcome him. For he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
Psalm 139:14 “So then, truly, the just will confess your name, and the upright will dwell with your countenance.”
Who have I been?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective