Embrace Lent and Grow Closer to Jesus


Many people look at Lent as a season of punishment, denial, etc. (add your own negative words as a description). I say that Lent offers me an opportunity to grow closer to Jesus. I find that to be a very good thing! When I embrace Lent for all that it has to offer, I achieve the following:
  1. A new perspective on what I need to do to walk the journey Christ asks me to walk.
  2. The advantage of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, where I receive a clean soul, united to Christ.
  3. More time spent with Jesus, one-on-one, through visits to the Blessed Sacrament. It is here that He works on my soul, in the hospital of sinners.
  4. Increased insight to Christ’s salvific actions, performed for my benefit, by attending the Stations of the Cross.
  5. A greater awareness of the need for Christ’s unwavering love, forgiveness and mercy.

Embrace Lent

In what ways might you embrace Lent and glean the benefits of God’s Grace? How might you make this season a positive experience, removing all negative connotations of Lent’s purpose? Here’s a few suggestions for ... Read more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective