How are we doing?

Well the AWCB has been here for a couple of weeks now, time to check a few things?
Jackie and I would like to see that this blogg continues as it is ,so far so good, unless you think otherwise!
A couple of points though we thought maybe not too many embedded You tube films ,(I know there's one below this !)
and were ever possible posts should be all your own original writing, we want to share our own feelings and ideas and support each other.
The GBTB have not yet got back to me about posting :( so although I had hoped to add something I cant yet do so. I should like to make it clear however that I am not a feminist nor am I anti-men (3 sons) and I don't mind the picture they have as a header, personally as a former  student art teacher i just love Medieval art and appreciate it for what it is, this lady doesn't look for token anything and I am more than happy singing hymns that use the word mankind etc and mean all of us!
and here is one of my favorite pictures of the Church


The triumph of the Church over blindness and ignorance, by Peter Paul Rubens part of a set of tapestries called The triumph of the Eucharist
 Dont you just love all that stuff going on!!

Comments

  1. Fabulous post! I am very grateful to you Marion for stepping in! I can't believe we have so much 2stuff" to pack - but then I have NINE kiddies still living at home! Pray for me...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Rubens picture!
    Thank you.

    I think it was Jackie P who said she had received an email from a priest friend saying the blog was the right kind of "Catholic feminism".
    I think we can be feminist without stepping on toes.

    I was looking forward to one of the ACWB members posting on the Guild.

    On Artistic taste-
    The Bones blog says he changed the original dark picture because it was considered "too masculine".
    I don't think it is disruptive to encourage this kind of sensitivity to female feelings when they hope to have women bloggers contributing. I've not seen any unpleasantness from commenters.
    How lucky we were with the choice of the lovely Regency lady!

    The new Guild picture is luminous and could be thought of as showing women near Our Lord. I'm happy with that thought and appreciate the gesture.
    However, having changed the picture, he is now saying the NAME might change, to Ladybird- surely not!

    Thank goodness for a little stability on the ACWB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Molly! We have 21 blog authors now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One request. Can we have less posts per page, as it's taking an awfully long time to load on my pc :(
    Autumn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've adjusted...get back to me if there are still too many..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jackie, that's better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Friends of the ACWB and the Guild of BTB7:48 pm, May 25, 2011

    Hello.
    We noticed the comment revealing the delay in getting through to the Guild by MBW.
    We hope tonight it has been addressed because we work towards an inclusive Guild with your kind assistance.
    We remain convinced that the Rome Blogmeet has stimulated friendships, and celebrate the birth of the excellent and flourishing ACWB.

    This group of readers is now taking a back seat until the proposed first meeting of the Guild, possibly in September, takes place.
    On that date, with your help, we expect to see a more mixed gathering of bloggers, God willing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the above comment...it would be good to meet up..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective