But That's Not Fair! - Workers in the Vineyard Gospel

Hall of Saints sign
Some of us know how to follow God earlier than others.
As a busy single mom of five (wonderful) boys, you can bet I hear the phrase, "That's not fair," several times each week. 

Sometimes, no matter what I do or how I try to explain, one of my boys will feel slighted and march off in a huff.
"Sometimes," I tell them, "fair isn't always equal, and often times fair isn't right."

Equal is giving all 5 boys the same amount of dinner, but fair is giving my 17 year old more than my 5 year old. Fair seems to be giving them all the same bedtime; right is allowing my older boys to stay up and watch football Sunday nights (It's also simple self-preservation since they'd riot if I didn't! ;) 

One of my favorite sayings is "A Mother's Love is multiplied not divided." Followed closely by,"I Love You 100%"
My boys have a hard time getting those concepts, but any Good Mother or Father will tell you it is possible to Love each child 100%.

How many children you have or when they arrived in your arms does not matter. What matters is that they are there.

A Good parent does not Love a younger child less just because that child arrived into the family later. 
 To read the rest of the commentary on the Workers in the Vineyard, please go to Single Mom Smiling. Thank you for joining me! God Bless...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective