Angel of God, My Guardian Dear

Today is the Feast of the Holy Guardian Angels.  It is a good time to get reacquainted with your Divine appointed guardian.  Throughout my life there have been times that my Angel has been so close I could physically feel him.  I suppose that our angels are always close, we just aren't attuned to their presence.  When I was twenty years old, I was in a bad car accident.  The exact details of what happened, I don't remember. What I do remember is that I was bit by some type of insect while driving and then I was barreling toward a telephone pole. The pole snapped when I hit it, sprung up and then came through the windshield. It landed in the passenger seat. My friend, Lucy, was supposed to be in that seat, she changed her mind about joining me at the last minute.  I never touched the brakes nor panicked. The irony is that I had just had the brakes replaced the day before. As my car headed straight for the telephone pole, I remember thinking, "I'm going to crash into that pole, but it will be alright."  I remember something else, too, someone behind me, with arms wrapped around my chest, holding me still. My head never hit the steering wheel, and though the glass completely shattered, I received no cuts or damage to my face and arms.  In fact my only injury was a small cut that I received sliding out of my seat over a shard of glass. It only required two stitches.  My car was beyond repair.

Read more at Veils and Vocations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective