CAST


I love the way my prayer journal helps me stay on track in my prayers.  Unfortunately, it’s not going to work long term the way I envisioned it working, as it is filling up, and outgrowing its shell.  Simultaneously with my finding it necessary to simplify further, and thinking about its evolution, I was reminded of 1 Peter 5:7, Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.
I can’t get that first word out of my head.
Cast.

The mental picture of casting off a heavy weight (reminiscent of Hebrews 12:1), or casting out a line with the hopes of a catch…I don’t know…it just seems appropriate to make that my new prayer tag…
Read the rest of this post at New Things

Comments

  1. I am always casting about in search of women Catholic bloggers and now I found you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective