I Didn't Want to Read My Bible

1428416368935
I wanted to live in the Hope of the Resurrection,
not in the reality of the trials that follow.
I sat in the big comfy chair in my living room ready to enjoy the predawn quiet, a cup of freshly brewed coffee with plenty of extra cream on the small table by my side and my Bible, journal, and sharpened pencil in my lap. I was ready to begin my "Coffee with Jesus," time as the boys and I call it. This morning I was to begin 1 Timothy, but I just couldn't bring myself to open The Book.

I'd never had this problem before. Oh sure, there have been more days than I care to admit to that I just skipped my Bible reading because I had other things I just had to do or because I had woken up later than I'd intended. Reality is, as much as I don't want to admit it, I know there will be more of those days where I'm just, "too busy," ahead.

But for me to have the time and just not want to start, to have woken up early enough, to have all the boys still sleeping in darkness, to have an extra couple of days off from my teaching job, and to just not want to read the Bible was unexpected and thought-provoking, and instead of reading, I found myself reflecting on Holy Week.

Please join me at Single Mom Smiling for my reflection on Holy Week and to discover why I didn't want to read the Bible - and why I knew I would anyway!
Thank you and 
God Bless…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective