Irene Fedoryka, a Musician, Mother of Ten and Icon of Self-Giving

web-irene-fedyorka-snapshot-courtesy-image (1)I am so happy to introduce you to an amazing lady, who I never had the pleasure of meeting in this lifetime, but in true testimony to the divine connection of heaven and earth; through the Church, I have come to know Irene quite well!
If you have ever found yourself bouncing without a care in the world to the fun and energetic Celtic rock music of the band Scythian, in a crowded bar, arena, then you might have an idea of what I am talking about in the article’s introduction. If not, I recommend a fun date night of dancing the night away in your near future!
Never have I had an experience quite like this one; in which someone I have never met (other than a recognized saint) has had such an impact on me, and a continuing relationship at that. Irene’s story continues to impact me, challenge me, and I have truly found her interceding for me as well!
Here is my interview with Aleteia 
Irene Fedoryka, a Musician, Mother of Ten and Icon of Self-Giving
An upon researching her, what did you find?
Irene was a woman with an “awesome childlike faith.” Not only a devotee of St. Therese, but a woman who took up her cross and lived with great joy. A Juilliard pianist who surrendered her career to become a home-schooling mother of 10, she was fueled with saintly sacrifice. A determined and persistent mother, quietly in the background of a household bursting with talen
Continue Reading…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective