Mr. Obama's Shining Moment~ Healthcare, Gun Control, and What Matter Most

Preface...

Is it possible to have a gentle conversation about politics? The truth is, I don't usually wax political on my blog. If you know me and/or my blogging style at all by now, you know I'm not really confined to a small niche. More like faith, motherhood, and miscellany, Rinse, repeat. :-)  With that in mind, today, I'm going to branch out a bit, as I did a couple of months ago, and talk about what I see happening in politics and the media.

Last week, Obama had a shining moment, I think. With tears, he confronted the problem that has pervaded his Presidency: he acted to overhaul gun laws. For years, we’ve heard the news. Over and over and over again. Another mass shooting. Another deranged teenager opening fire on the innocent. Ultimately, we need to think back, and we need to be circumspect. However, we also need to examine the ultimate motives of the Presidency, without getting carried away by our feelings or the sway we feel at moments like these, that I would argue are the pinnacle moments of Mr. Obama’s presidency.

Let’s Think Back.

In 2012, first graders were shot to death by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary School. This was not at an artillery center or a shooting range. It was at school. In a little town in Connecticut. All of their little walls of safety were violated by an arrogant, misled and possibly deranged kid...

{read the rest at Picture a Skyline...}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective