Joy Supply

As a child, did you ever sing the song, "I've got that joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart... Down in my heart to stay?" That little song that packs a powerful message.

If you've got joy down in your heart, you can accomplish anything, go through any circumstance and do it all with a smile. The Word tells us that the joy of the Lord is our strength. The devil knows that, so he is going to try to zap our joy every chance he gets. If he can steal our joy, he can steal our strength. If he can steal our strength, he can infuse us with hopelessness and depression. By the time he is done. we'll be so far down in a hole that we won't even be able to see out. So don't go there. Keep your joy supply full. 

Listen to uplifting music while driving in your car. Take a few minutes at lunch to read the Psalms and Proverbs. Make sure you're getting enough sleep; take time to exercise; and take your vitamins (I sound like a mother, don't I?) so that you don't give the devil any entrance. Say: I've got the joy of the Lord down in my heart," and then act like it everyday!


Thank you Lord for your eternal joy supply - Amen.

Comments

  1. Wonderful post Helen! I did sing that song, and I'm singing it now~ thanks to you...I've got that joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective