The Immaculate Heart Of Mary Knows The Way


Today we celebrate the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Last year I wrote a post for this feast in honor of Our Lady; it is one of my most read posts (well according to Blogger Stats that is) so I thought I would share it here.
The Immaculate Heart of Mary Knows The Way
The feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary is always celebrated on the Saturday after the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and it is done so for good reason~ the Immaculate Heart of Our Lady is inseparably linked to the Sacred Heart of her Son.
Five years ago on this feast day, I made the Consecration to Mary through the Militia Immaculata, the organization founded by St Maximilian Kolbe. I renew my consecration each year on this feast day.
My regular readers know that Mary played a subtle (to me anyway), but vital role in my return to her Son and my faith. In a certain way, I sometimes feel like I have lived,and continue to live the Joyful Mysteries in my own life. MyAnnunciation came in the form of a letter from a friend inviting me to come back to my faith, I accepted that invitation on the feast of the Visitation, the daughter I aborted was named while praying that particular mystery, Christ was born in me when I confessed and repented of my sins, the Presentation, in trying to live a life of holy and faithful obedience, and Finding Jesus in the Temple~ well I now know just where to find Him whenever I walk into church; I had lost Him or at least felt like I did, and when He found me, I found Him.
Our Lady's Immaculate Heart has one goal~ to point us in the direction of her Son so that we may grow closer to Him. A priest who works with us in ministry gave the analogy of Our Lady being his GPS. I loved it! It made so much sense! When we are lost we can turn to our Blessed Mother and she will tell us how to get back on track to the path that leads to Jesus. Mary always knows the way.
While the bulk of this post has simply been my own musings on the Immaculate Heart in my own life, I would also like to share a link to a meditation written by a bishop. The meditation is on St Padre Pio in light of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and Our Lady of Fatima. It is a little on the long side, but worth the time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective