Mary,Queen In Heaven And Our Hearts


The Church celebrates the Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary today, that time after her Assumption when she was crowned Queen of Heaven. I find this memorial to be a beautiful reminder that Mary not only reigns in heaven, but we should allow her to do so in our hearts and lives as well. Her greatest desire is to bring us to Jesus; it is often said she is the shortest and surest way to Him.
Mary, if we go to her, will obtain every grace we need. As our Queen and our Mother she looks upon us with the greatest love. I sometimes forget this. As those who follow my Daughter of the King blog know, I sometimes struggle in my relationship with Mary; I find it hard to relate to her, but I still pray to her and ask her to increase my devotion to her.
Jesus gave us an invaluable gift when He gave us His own Mother as he was dying on the cross. As Fr. Joseph Homick relates in his book on Mary, A Place Prepared by God, a book I strongly recommend, Mary has protected us from more than we may ever know. (I am paraphrasing)
When I find it difficult to get a Rosary prayed, I often pray the Memorare. This beautiful prayer, in which we fly to Mary's protection was written by St Bernard of Clairvaux.
I offer it here in honor of her Queenship in heaven and our hearts.


REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. 
Amen.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective