Onslow rules! OK?



I was inspired by the post about "hairy men in tank tops" to say a few words about one of my heroes - Onslow from the BBC TV comedy show, "Keeping up Appearances"
I like Onslow because even though he usually appears as a "slouch" - a real couch potato if ever there was one - and has, apparently, no sartorial ability to speak of, he has an uncanny ability to see through falsehood, hypocrisy and fudge (not the edible kind!). He likes beer but is never inebriated. He like watching the "telly" but doesn't take much notice of what is on, he rarely if ever panics and never swears (his usual negative comment is, "Ah! Nice!").
I regard myself as an unofficial member of the equally unofficial Onslow Appreciation Society. if he came to my church he would undoubtedly offend people by his lack of any proper dress code, and I would suggest that he wore a suit. Knowing Onlsow I know he would agree because, deep down, he respects other people, especially when they are sincere.
Go Onslow!

Comments

  1. Laugh out Loud Fr John! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I totally forgot to mention Onslow in my post!! I love the guy, along with his poor brother-in-law Richard!

    Love it, Fr.! Thanks for the add-on!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They used the C of E church I used to attend in Northamptn, the one with the church hall, It's Christchurch , and very large and beautiful inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved "Keeping Up Appearances" when I was growing up! Onslow was one of my favorite characters. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "When I was growing up"? Great heavens how old must I be?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective