Pope Benedict's Prayer Intentions for March 2012

General Intention - Contribution of Women

That the whole world may recognize the contribution of women to the development of society.

Weaving a Dream

By Mercy B. Gawason


The author is a young Subanen who works with Subanen Crafts. She and her companions at Subanen Crafts recently visited Negros Occidental and dropped by the Misyon editorial office in Bacolod City. The word 'Subanen' means 'people of the river'. The Subanens live in the mountains of western Mindanao. This article is in the March-April 2012 issue of Misyon, the online magazine I edit for the Columbans in the Philippines . . .

Mission Intention - Persecuted Christians

That the Holy Spirit may grant perseverance to those who suffer discrimination, persecution, or death for the name of Christ, particularly in Asia.
'I only want a place at the feet of Jesus'

Clement Shahbaz Bhatti (9 September 1968 - 2 March 2011)

The first anniversary of the assassination of Clement Shahbaz Bhatti in Pakistan, the only Christian member of the cabinet, was observed on 2 March. He was a devout Catholic deeply committed to justice for those on the margins, especially the Christian minority, who said not long before he died, I only want a place at the feet of Jesus. I want my life, my character, my actions to speak for me and say that I am a follower of Jesus Christ.
Full post here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary