Contemplative Homeschool will help you and your family see Jesus everywhere


Greetings, Ladies (and you few gentlemen who are members of or visit this site). Thank you for the privilege of joining you in spreading the Gospel on the internet. I'm Connie Rossini. I'd like to introduce you to my new blog.



 

Learn how to pray and live the Carmelite way

I began writing at http://contemplativehomeschool.wordpress.com in November. Unlike many homeschool blogs, Contemplative Homeschool is not so much about daily life in my family as it is about growing in Christ. I believe the best way to keep our kids Catholic and to educate them in the faith is modeling prayer and virtue for them. I write a lot (about half my posts) about how you can grow closer to Christ. As a former member of the Secular Order of Discalced Carmelites (OCDS), I write from a Carmelite perspective.

Let your homeschool be an outgrowth of your own prayer time

I use my own unit studies based on The Golden Children's Bible for daily instruction. I meditate on one of the Bible passages in my prayer time, then create a unit based upon that meditation, incorporating as many school subjects into it as I can. I want my kids to see Jesus everywhere--in nature, in literature, in math problems, and the events of history. I will show you how to create units like this yourself, and share with you some I have created.

Meet my family


My husband Dan and I have four boys, who are known on my blog by their initials: D, age 10; M, 8; C, 6; and J, 1. Dan works for the diocese of New Ulm, Minnesota. We have homeschooled since the beginning. I also homeschooled my youngest brother, who is 12 years my junior, through high school. (I have a B.A. in elementary education, if that matters to you.) Another brother may be familiar to you as Fr. Michael Mary, M. Carm, creator of Mystic Monk Coffee. We call him Uncle Monkle.

Besides my blog, I write a monthly spirituality column for The Prairie Catholic that I've just begun syndicating. I've been writing since I was five. My first literary work (alas, unpublished!) was about a family of mice.

 I look forward to seeing you at Contemplative Homeschool!

Connie Rossini

Comments

  1. Welcome to this blog, Connie. I look forward to sampling your Carmelite spirituality. I, too, am a Lay Carmelite of the T.O.Carm. branch of the Order. I know we have much in common. God bless you on this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruth Ann. My in-laws are T.O. Carms. I love discovering new blogs to look at. I'll be visiting yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to a blogger I follow regularly! Connie, I'm so glad to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nancy. I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere Connie! I will be sure be heading to your blog as homeschooling is something that has caught my interest lately. God bless you and your online ministry of His goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary