Be The One

"My heart had expected reproach and misery.  And I looked for one that would grieve together with me, and there was none; and I sought one that would console me, and I found none". Psalm 68:21

Mother Teresa responds, "Be the one".  Be the one to console Jesus by satiating His burning thirst for love.  She writes:

Tell Jesus, "I will be the one".  I will comfort, encourage and love Him. ...Be with Jesus.  He prayed and prayed and then He went to look for consolation, but there was none. ... I always write that sentence, "I looked for one to comfort Me, but I found no one".  So now you be that one.  Try to be the one to share with Him, to comfort Him to console Him.  So let us ask Our Lady to help us understand what it means to be a consoler of the Heart of Jesus:

Let us try in a special way to come as close as the human heart can come to the Heart of Jesus and try to understand as much as possible Jesus' terrible pain caused to Him by our sins and His Thirst for our love. Thank God our Lady was there to understand fully the thirst of Jesus for love.  She must have straight away said, "I satiate Your thirst with my love and the suffering of my heart".

credit: 33 Days to Morning Glory, Michael E. Gaitley, MIC page 81

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective