Simmering Soup

 Curiosity about the dazzling beauty of the ice drizzling upon the evergreens turned into caution as I heard the sharp splitting sound of falling branches and crackling icicles. I quickly returned home from my walk. Well, my steps were not as rapid as I would have liked because my feet were sinking through the crusty layer of ice into the snow. The tips of many of the towering pines had snapped, altering the usual appearance of the otherwise majestic trees.
    Our family enjoyed a cozy, quiet evening at home, baking pumpkin chocolate chip cookies while our latest impromptu vegetable soup was simmering in the oven. This blogpost is continued here at mommynovenas.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary