When It Comes to Novenas, I'm Ashamed to Say...

I usually don't finish them.  I forget!

For those who don't know, a novena is nine consecutive days of prayer of petition or thanksgiving.

The nine days of prayer date back to the time after the Ascension of Jesus and the Decent of the Holy Spirit on Mother Mary and the Apostles.  The Apostles and Mother Mary prayed for nine days until the Holy Spirit came upon them.  The word novena comes from the latin word "novem" which means nine.

Nine days in a row.  That is hard for me to do!  I forget.  I miss days, then I must begin again and again and again.  Well, you get the picture.

Read More at "His Unending Love."

Comments

  1. "I usually don't finish them. I forget!"

    LOL, me too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective