Hearts and Letters and Grilles, O My

Hi - I'm Nancy.  So glad to meet you!  I know that in the blog world I look a lot like a grille (not the kind you cook on, although if you have a nice filet mignon on hand, please feel free to throw it my way).  It's actually a pretty good likeness.  I'm kinda square, working toward becoming hole-y, trying to stop my habit of making Shamefully Lame Puns.  If you've checked out The Cloistered Heart, you might know what the grille means to me.

I also do a blog called The Breadbox Letters.  There I share old paintings, writings (mostly from saints), and occasional stories about.. oh various and sundry things.  Like the husband I had when I was eight, and blue velvet ribbons on purple cake, and about the day I tried to get Sister Rita to put her shiny white pearls on over her habit.  You know, the usual.   

When I'm not blogging, I love spending time with my family, spoiling my grandchildren, reading, and watching stacks of "undetermined accumulating matter" grow higher in my office.  I swear someone has been watering those.  I'm deathly afraid of excited about what might crawl burst forth from them in the spring...

I love being part of the Association of Catholic Women Bloggers, and I am reeeeaally enjoying everyone's "let's get to know us" posts.  I'm SO glad to meetcha!!!

Comments

  1. I love your Shamefully Lame Puns - yes, it has to be capitalized. What a wonderful intro. Makes me want tea, an antique letter opener and get to your growing pile of mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cristina... I thoroughly enjoyed YOUR introductory post! I can definitely offer you that cup of tea, and since it must be Online (the next best thing to Oolong?), then you may select any kind in the world. But fair warning: it's not just mail you're signing on for if you tackle that pile. Last I looked there were address labels, a hairbrush, markers, paper dolls (not mine, I swear), 30-year-old photos, hand sanitizer... shall I go on? Yeah, I thought not.

      Delete
  2. Ha! Ha! Great introduction, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Great to see you here. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to us.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) ahhh, all I can do is smile in response to your introduction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am smiling back :). Thanks, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective