No Longer I That Lives

It is true, it is REALLY true.
It is not an allegory.
It is not for a few select saints.
Life in Christ is for me; I was created for this, designed for this life.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, for me.-Galatians 2:20

Twenty-five years ago, my husband discovered a book at a Trappist monastery that changed our lives, called “Guideline to Mystical Prayer” by a British Carmelite nun, Ruth Burrows. She describes Petra, who is a woman who lives only by faith without any experiences of God, and Claire  who is a “light on” nun who experiences mystical encounters. Both women know with absolute clarity that it was no longer they that lived but Christ who lived in them. My husband and I  were filled with an exuberant joy because we felt legitimized. We identified with Claire  and realized that holiness was real and was possible.read more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective