Taking My Boys To Confession - One Way or Another!


As a single mom of five boys, challenges to raising my boys to become spiritual, godly men await at every turn, but God also provides ample opportunity for us to take advantage of His forgiveness and Love. His gift of confession is a one we don't take advantage of often enough, but when God presented me with the opportunity, I took it.

What happened next was completely unexpected. I sat in the empty church pews swelling with Mama Pride as each of my four older boys took his turn at the Confessional - even if their reasons for going were not quite pure!

I am reminded again of the many ways God uses our situations to build His kingdom and the many lessons He can teach me - even about my own false sense of Mama pride!

Please read more...

Comments

  1. love this post, love your openess, love your courage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for encouraging me, Melanie! Left on my own, I am a pretty big coward. The courage I have now can only come from my Father, and I love Him all the more for it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective