The Practice of the Presence of God with Brother Lawerence



Brother Lawrence of the Resurrection (1611 – 1691) 
5110wTzBn9L
BrotherLawrenceQuotebrother-lawrence















I find it amazing that this simple brother wrote in the 1600′s because his spirituality and wisdom are so throughly modern. Look at this quote. It is humourous, wise and speaks just as powerfully to a 21st century Christian as to one living in the 17th century.I think that one sign that a book is inspired by the Holy Spirit is that it transcends time and place when the author speaks from his heart to the heart of his readers. continue reading>

Comments

  1. When I first learned of Brother Lawrence I found his notion of being in the presence of God amazing. For a while I started talking to God as if He were by me as well. It's probably the easiest spiritual practice I know. I should do it more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly,,because He truly was right beside you, all around you and within you as well

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective