The Mystery of the Butterfly

painting by a daughter
If you feel sorry for a

struggling butterfly and
in empathy, cut the cocoon
to help him escape,
his wings will be deformed.
If you allow a butterfly
to struggle, emerging slowly, agonizingly from his prison,
his wings will be perfectly formed.
My tendency and I think all mother's tendency is to want to save our children from suffering, from making mistakes. So I try to intellectually explain everything to death. But really, it rook suffering to strip me , heal me and bring me to place of humility where I could finally perceive reality. Do I really think that I can extricate them from the cocoon they are struggling to emerge from. If I do, all that I will do is to stunt their wings, just like when a butterfly is cut from a cocoon too early.continue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective