Introduction of Maryann D'Amico,Missionary Artist of Saint Therese :A Mission for the Arts

                                         
My name is Maryann D'Amico. I am so excited about what 
the Association of Catholic Women Bloggers is doing.
It's great! I've been so excited since meeting other Catholic Bloggers because it has given me hope,happiness and light.

During the Mass that was for Pope John Paul II's beatification,
I prayed for his intercession for all those in the arts,to be the light and bring the light of Christ. Prior to his death,I received
a Letter he wrote to Artist's in 1999. It happened during the presence of the body of St. Therese in the Carmelite Monastery in Philadelphia.

I prayed for three days in the Monastery to find God's Will for my life. In prayer,I was told to go to the bookstore in the Monastery basement and look on the top shelf left corner. There was a copy of ," A Letter to Artists." From Pope John Paul II. There was only one copy.

I was not an artist. I became one five years later. I did write to Pope John Paul II and received The Apostolic Blessing from him. But,I primarily spent the years creating.

                continue reading ....
 http://maryanndamico.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. What great surprise to see this post! That's wonderful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective